Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Yard sale finds.... unearthed

Do you remember when I told you about this wonderful yard sale we visited last fall?   The gorgeous detailing on the old iron bed?  Or the adorable chair (which is currently hanging in our garage!)  Since last October the "vintage" picnic basket has sat next to "the" desk by the front closet, ignored, neglected.  It had turned into just another dropping point, a place half finished projects and supplies for proposed projects to languish, unheeded, ignored.... So today I decided to drag said picnic basket out, clear off her top and take a peak inside... And do you know what I found?  These lovelies!

Do you remember when salad dressings and such came pretty bottles such as these?

And these!


Some of the bottles not shown would be the lovely glass cranberry mold, the Mrs. Butterworth's syrup bottle (one of which has gone missing!), and miscellaneous ones without lids which are currently soaking.

Yes, my refrigerator will once again have its shelves graced with homemade salad dressings but this time they will be not only be a feast for the palate but for the eyes as well.

5 comments:

  1. How fun that you found all those bottles in your basket! I LOVE old glass and those blue bottles are really pretty. :) OH, by the way, your font doesn't look small on your blog, so it must just be on your computer. :)
    Glad you liked my raised planter beds...I'm enjoying them! I have spinach, sugar snap peas, green onions and cilantro growing in them right now. Can't wait till I can plant my tomatoes, green beans, peppers and all those other yummy things I like to plant!! :) I wish I had more space to plant so I could can some of my yummy stuff, but we usually eat it all because it's not a huge garden space. OH well! :)
    Hope you have a great day!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Missy! Aren't the Milk of Magnesia bottles great!! I really do miss the cobalt blue bottles it used to come in. And your garden sounds wonderful! We are going to till up our raised beds so that I can plant some lettuces and maybe even some green onions and peas. I guess I ought to take a look to see what seeds I have.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love all your yard sale finds! Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog! You have made my day!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have never seen purple glass jars before! how nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome collection of bottles! Your salad dressings will look so pretty in them!

    ReplyDelete