Monday, February 13, 2012

Linky Followers widget addition...

I am sure all of you know by now that Google Friend Connect is being retired as of 1 March 2012.  From what I understand this retirement is now across the board, for blogger and all other platforms.  Google is encouraging everyone to sign up for Google+, something I am just not ready for at this point in time.  So in the interim I have decided to add the Linky Followers widget.   Please do sign up as I would hate to see you go simply due to an operational change by Google (trust me I have lost contact with too many friends due to a computer crash which "ate" all my contact data, etc....)

Its really easy to sign up, follow and read blogs through this new widget.

I know the question of can my Google Friends Connect followers be automatically moved over? NO. Google won’t allow access to those accounts which is a good thing because you ought not allow someone else to sign you up for a new service.   It needs to be voluntary.  You need to ask your Google Friends Connect friends (and all your blog readers) to follow you using Linky Followers but its really easy, quick and free?  I think you'll love the tool.  It appears  to be a good way to organize and follow the blogs you love.

And most importantly I want to thank you all for faithfully following along!  I really doubt this blog will turn into one of those HUGE blogs followed by the multitudes and do you know what?  I am completely and totally fine with that!  Do you know why?  Because in all honesty this blog is a journey for me taking me places I've never been,  a window that the Lord has used to open my eyes to many things, causing me to examine myself inwardly and outwardly and to consider the possibilities.  A tool to teach me  "...in whatsoever state I am , therewith tobe content." Philippians 4:11  So I would like to say thank you and hope you will continue to follow along! 

No comments:

Post a Comment