Monday, August 09, 2010

Be patient, grasshopper!


Okay so its not a grasshopper but rather a praying mantis!!  From our own front yard... I thought a green twig was in the small japanes maple but as I reached for it... well it MOVED!  Yes, I admit it, I started a bit, not much but a bit. :)  So we got the camera out and took pictures.  And I mean a lot of pictures!  Do you know how quickly a praying mantis can eat a fly? 

  Umm, yeah we did get pictures of that as well.  It was incredible to watch!  I mean I'm not really into bugs but seeing God's handiwork was so incredibly awesome!!  I think we spent close to an hour just watching...

Well, much has been done in the past month but absolutely NO pictures have been taken.  In fact I couldn't even find the camera for at least two weeks!!!  How it got put away in the garage is beyond me... actually I seem to recall taking it out there to take pictures of a project and then being called away.  I'm surprised it didn't end up in the freezer as preoccupied as I was for a while there.  I mean, has anyone else found the missing lettuce or cucumber in the freezer before?  I know its not just me... or is it?  I know my mother has never misplaced anything.  I mean, aside from the house... (when I was growing up she had a terrible sense of direction, thank goodness that isn't the case any longer!!!!)

Okay, here is a list of all that has been accomplished...
  • garage cleared
  • "garage" sale
  • room painted
  • vases glued
  • washclothes crocheted
  • mother's birthday present mailed on time!!! (something that hasn't occured in years!!)
  • new tires on new "to us" pick-up truck
  • closet cleaned/sorted/downsized
  • books sorted
  • supplies for new shed purchased
  • herbs planted
  • lawn mower fixed
  • clothes sorted/sized
Working on or still need to be dones:
  • list books on e-bay
  • take garage sale "leftovers" to rescue mission store
  • living room (almost done!!)
  • paint kitchen-cabinets (once it cools off and we can leave the windows open without me sneezing my head off)
  • preserve produce
  • reorganized kitchen cabinets
  • buy school clothes
  • kill weeds in driveway
  • start making homemade bread again
  • make/start preparing beds for next years garden
  • start on Christmas presents
  • make jams/jellies/syrups from fruits in freezer
  • CLOSE ON SALE OF HOUSE IN ALASKA!!! (hopefully by the end of this week!!!)
Well I am off to load the vehicle with the stuff leftover from the garage sale.  By this evening we will be able to park both cars in there. Woo hoo!!! And our house will have decidedly less stuff, yeah!!!  Especially after we sell all the curriculum, books, and clothing on eBay... Ah it sure feels good to downsize!  And eliminate even more debt... What an answer to prayer!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. cool pics!
    glad you got so much stuff done! I need to downsize (declutter) sooooo much! Just too darn hot, and I'm too lazy. I'd rather be on the computer or building something.
    gail
    good luck with the closing! hope it's really quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gail! The closing has been anything but quick... in all honesty it has been going on since the 9th of July. Yes, you read that correctly! But prayerfully it will be done and over with this Friday!

    Hot and humid... I know what you mean!!! We had a short spell of cool weather but it is icky out again. Thank the Lord for central air! But I will take the heat and humidity over 8 months of winter ANY day.

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note!

    ReplyDelete