I've wanted to do this for some time but have procrastinated. It's not that I'm not thankful but felt it would take too long with dial-up. But the more I thought about it the more I realized by making a list of God's wonderous blessings that in turn it would make me more aware, something I've been desperately in need of. How easy it's been to get caught up in my own little world, to become self-centered. To get caught up in the world of the have nots... So here I begin anew...
1. Dial-up connection, having internet when we could have none...
2. Allergy shots to make breathing easier
3. A woodstove to keep us warm as the days and nights get chilly
4. Golden leaves of autumn
5. Sheets of puff pastry
6. Apples on sale to make turnovers
7. Sweet silly poems spontaneously erupting from the lips of innocents
9. Dogs lying on the hearth in front of the woodstove, one little, one BIG.
10. Repairs to the house to make it weather tight again.
11. Stale bread for making into homemade stuffing.
12. Leeks galore
13. Home grown carrots
14. Sweaty bodies, glistening from a good game of soccer.
15. Seeing a certain young man open the door for a lady even when he doesn’t know anyone is looking on!
16. Tomato red paint
17. The smell of wood smoke.
18. Brisk morning air.
19. Skeins of “ugly” yarn.
20. Rosy, wind burned checks.
For some reason I am have been unable to post pictures recently but have decided to continue with the posts any way!
21. A new refrigerator.
22. Meat and milk that didn't spoil when the old refrigerator decided it no longer wanted to stay below 50 degrees.
23. Long, fuzzy scarves.
24. kisses on young, bristly checks
25. playing monopoly with 3 laughing boys
26. cracking voices
27. molasses cookie dough in the refrigerator
28. coals in the woodstove
29. our interstate road system